We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It's funny how some foods can affect mood so drastically that they can improve or worsen mood while being digested, due to their effect on the neural connections that are established in the part of the brain that controls emotions and state. mood.
In Guiainfantil.com we tell you what the happiness diet for children and what foods to introduce in the weekly menus to improve their mood.
- Eggs, for example, are one of the most interesting foods for the brain. They also contain vitamin B12, of great importance for the cells of the nervous system. A deficiency in it, however, can be closely related to irritability and sudden mood swings, something undesirable in a child. It also contains iodine, whose influence on the thyroid gland also has an effect on character, since its deficiency can lead to a state of lethargy and lack of energy. In addition, the egg contains vitamin D naturally, another ingredient for happiness.
- Butter is another desirable food in this diet of happiness for children. It contains fat-soluble vitamins, such as vitamin A, which is related to the production of neurotransmitters such as dopamine, with a tremendous effect on mood, as well as other brain functions, such as memory.
As when the meat comes from organic farming, when the butter is of organic origin, and due to the diet that the cows receive (mostly grass), its content in omega 3 acids is high, as well as that of linoleic acid conjugate. This acid is currently known for a wide range of biological effects, among which its positive effect on fat stands out, reducing blood triglycerides and cholesterol. In addition, it counteracts the stressful effect of cortisol, promoting relaxation, perfect in childhood.
- Red meats, despite their bad press, are sources of heme iron, the most easily assimilated form. Iron is involved in supplying oxygen to the brain, ensuring its proper functioning. It also contains vitamin B12 and is one of the foods with the highest amount of zinc, related to memory, so they are, always without exceeding, ideal in childhood.
- Blue fish is an important source of omega 3. Some recent studies show that the higher the consumption of oily fish, the lower the symptoms of depression and mental problems, and the greater the ability to have positive emotions. In addition, if you want to avoid the possible mercury content of large fish such as tuna, you can always choose small fish, such as sardines and anchovies, which also, if consumed with bones, are a very important source of calcium for the growth.
- Among the vegetables, the tomatoes They provide important minerals and vitamins for the production in the body of substances that relax such as dopamine or serotonin. Pro-relaxation phytonutrients can also be found in the skin of small potatoes, so it is advisable to consume them that way.
- And as a culmination, the nuts, a superfood that contains all the necessary micronutrients to become the ideal complement in the happiness diet, vitamins such as E or folic acid, minerals such as iron, manganese or zinc, and omega 3 fatty acids.
You can read more articles similar to Happiness diet for kids, in the category of Diets and children's menus on site.