We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Are all nervous or highly emotional children hyperactive? Many parents wonder if their child will be hyperactive because he does not stand still, ignores and gets angry easily.
We must be clear that the hyperactive child, that is, the one with ADHD, suffers from a disorder of neurological origin, which affects children not only showing "excess activity" but also problems with attention, sleep and school difficulties. A nervous child is not the same as a hyperactive child, we will tell you what the differences are.
Children by nature are restless, they are full of energy, so in principle we should not worry that our child does not stop still.
Therefore, it is necessary to take into account at what age the child is restless. If the 2-year-old does not stop talking, we must consider it something normal, he has just acquired that ability. If at 4 or 5 years old, children run and jump, it is again normal, because they are acquiring motor control.
Since children start to walk, their only objective is to catch everything, investigate, climb, run, jump ... They are discovering the world. For this reason, it is important that we direct the child's energy, that he knows where he can and where he cannot give free rein to his energy, that is, that we teach him to interpret situations and put a series of rules and limits that help the little ones little by little self-control.
On many occasions we find ourselves in the consultation with parents overwhelmed by the behavior of their children. "My son does not stop", "he is never still", the parents tell us and, after a first observation of the child in consultation, he is a calm child and attends without problem.
The hyperactive child is always hyperactive, the nervous child is not. It depends a lot on the character of the child, temperament and environment. For it to be hyperactive, a series of conditions must be met, and they must be stable over time. In addition, it is important to pay attention to these circumstances:
- Very restless children often improve by setting clear guidelines for behavior. If the child in the doctor's office does not stop running and jumping but we do not tell them anything, it is not that the child is hyperactive, it is that we have not set behavioral guidelines.
- We must also take into account that the level of restlessness of children depends very much on our threshold of tolerance to children's activity.
- It is important assess the "amount of" what the child does, at what times, its intensity and in general, what the child is like.
- Must assess how old you are, since a 3-year-old child is not the same as a 7-year-old.
- We must not confuse vitality with hyperactivity.
- The diagnosis is made by a professional and cannot be established before 6 or 7 years.
You can read more articles similar to Differences between a nervous child from a hyperactive child, in the category of hyperactivity and attention deficit on site.