We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Madison Gulliver was crazy to get a black henna tattoo. It seemed beautiful to him. He took advantage of a trip with his parents to Egypt to achieve his great illusion. And at 7 years old, she finally got her parents to accept the little girl's request.
At first, Madison walked happily with her fresh tattoo in the hotel. But soon after, the little girl's arm began to swell. We explain why henna tattoos can be so dangerous for children.
The sun caused the recent black henna tattoo on little Madison's arm to react adversely. And suddenly, what was originally going to be a fabulous gift, turned into a nightmare. The tattoo area began to swell from an allergic reaction. The cause of this allergic reaction ?: Paraphenylenediamine (PPD), a chemical component that is present in black henna but also in other products that are commonly consumed, like some hair dyes. The adverse reaction of the skin to this component manifests as severe dermatitis, but in some cases it can also cause burns.
The little girl's 9-year-old brother also had a similar tattoo, but it only made him itch. In the case of Madison, it was more, and the girl had to go to the hospital in Hurgada (Egypt). In addition to the dermatitis caused by this chemical component, the area, due to the influence of the sun, and being more sensitive, was burned, so the little girl had to be treated in the hospital's burn unit. His arm had a large number of blisters along the tattoo that they just made.
However, the hospital doctors assure that this type of burns are not normal Yes the allergic reaction in children to black henna, but in the form of dermatitis.
From the Pediatric Association of the United States warn about the use in children of black henna, as it is not a natural henna. The problem lies in a chemical compound that many reject. Positions to choose, they assure, parents they should go for natural henna, which is reddish and is obtained from a type of plants that grow in some areas of Africa, Asia and Australia. The red liquid in this case comes from the leaves. It is achieved by crushing them. They are temporary tattoos (they last between two and three weeks approximately) and do not (normally) cause allergic reactions in children. Black henna can cause these problems in children:
1. Dermatitis. Itching and burning in the tattoo area.
2. Chemical burns. One more step to dermatitis is the appearance of blisters, since the skin, when reacting to this chemical compound, becomes much more sensitive. In some cases, chemical burns have occurred.
3. Depigmentation. In some cases, depigmentation in the area of the tattoo has also been observed after applying a black henna tattoo.
4. Sensitivity to light. The tattoo area, by reacting to the chemical compound, becomes more sensitive to sunlight. This can cause sunburn.
And if not, we will always have the sticker tattoos. Today they have evolved a lot and we find them in many different shapes and colors. They are less sophisticated and less durable, but with far fewer risks to the health of our children.
You can read more articles similar to Why Henna Tattoos Can Be So Dangerous For Children, in the category of Allergies on site.