We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Beginning of the course. A new stage for our son. New illusions and many nerves. And challenges, many challenges: learn, get excited, discover, try to be more obedient in class and not disturb other classmates ... Many purposes ... And for parents? Are there purposes before our children's return to school? Of course. Take advantage of this new cycle to mark this decalogue in red: They are the duties to avoid errors of education of the children at the beginning of the school year.
Unintentionally, and By wanting to help our children, we often make many educational mistakes. Yes, at that moment we are sure that we are doing them a great favor ... but we are not. And in the long run, these little mistakes can take their toll. Here are the main ones. Think of it as your homework for this school year: everything you should avoid if you really want to help your child.
1. Don't do your homework. The great mistake of many parents, without a doubt, is to sit next to their child to help him with homework and end up doing it, either because their child cannot understand the problem or due to lack of time. What we must do is let him try it himself, and in case he asks for help, explain it to him as many times as necessary so that he can try again later. Patience, a lot of patience is what you need.
2. Do not keep what you forgot to put in the backpack. Another of the big mistakes we make is trying to avoid frustration or a 'bad time' when you get to school and see that you forgot something. That you forgot to prepare your sports clothes and just that day it's your turn? We run at night to find their clothes and leave them next to the backpack ... The teachers insist and remind us parents that this way they will never learn to be responsible for their things. Do not do it. He will have a bad time one day, and he will probably be scolded at school, but he will learn.
3. Do not use the WhatsApp group of parents to criticize any teacher or classmate of your child (or their parents). Remember that you are an example for your child. School WhatsApp groups should be a place for information, not opinion. In fact, these types of groups often lead to hurtful comments that can reach children. Make a responsible use of this chat (which on the other hand, can be very useful).
4. Ask him every day how he did in school. Forget that you have to buy, finish making dinner or put the washing machine. The first thing when picking up your child from school is to dedicate a few minutes exclusively to him. Ask him what was the best of the day ... and the worst. Start a conversation with him so that he can express himself and can comment on how his day went. You will improve with him the bond and you will be feeding his self-esteem.
5. Talk to his or her teacher to find out how school is going. From time to time you should ask your child's teacher. Children do not behave the same at home as they do at school. If you really want to know if he has a learning disability or if you can help him with something that costs him more, you should check with the teacher. Also, of course, to detect any possible behavior problems.
6. You are not your child's 'agenda'. If your child already has the necessary autonomy and is old enough to be responsible for his things, he can perfectly take care of his own 'school agenda'. You don't have to keep reminding him which days he has gymnastics, judo or basketball. Let him show you that he can remember and prepare his things by himself. You ask yourself, from what age? From the age of 6 you can already demand some autonomy. At 8, they should be doing it perfectly on their own.
7. Let him prepare his clothes the day before. You can start creating routines and generating more autonomy in him if you let him prepare his school clothes the day before. You can leave everything ready. At first you can help him, and when he learns, let him do it. Yes, one day you will have to remind him, but he will, you will see.
8. Let him make his decisions. You learn from mistakes, remember. Sometimes by trying to help, we solve everything without even giving them the opportunity to choose, to make a decision. Let him solve his little conflicts on his own. You will be wrong many times, but you already know that it is the only way to learn.
9. Watch your diet. Nothing to let him go without breakfast because he lacks time. If your child takes a long time to eat breakfast, he will have to get up earlier (and go to bed earlier to get the necessary hours of sleep). But don't let her go to school without breakfast or to bed without dinner. During the school year, food becomes even more important.
10. Don't forget to generate positive thoughts in him and pamper his self-esteem. Remember that illusion is the engine of learning. If you get your child to go to school excited, with a positive attitude, he will undoubtedly learn much more than if he goes reluctantly and also does not receive words of support from his parents.
You can read more articles similar to Education errors of children at the beginning of the school year: duties for parents, in the School / College category on site.