We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Play with your children to create movies. How? With the help of a zoetrope. Yes, that instrument that twists and turns to create moving images. Did you know that you can create your own zoetrope at home? We offer you a fun craft that you can do as a family. Just follow this step by step and you will be able to create with your children a homemade zoetrope this beautiful.
- Green corrugated cardboard
- Plastic cup
- White cardboard
- Pair of scissors
- Marker pen
- A thumbtack
1. Stretch the green card well and secure its sides to the table with tape. The cardboard It should be 14 centimeters high and 49 long.
2. Make a mark one and a half centimeters high from the base. Y draw a line parallel to the base. With the help of a ruler, make marks on this line every two centimeters. Oh, and mark a line two inches from the previous one.
3. At the top of the card: mark a line parallel to a centimeter and a halfBut now, instead of marking separations every two centimeters, you will make two marks in a row: one at 5 centimeters and another at 0.5 centimeters.
4. Do you remember the marks you made on the base? Make a cut right there and cut the excess into a triangle until the next one. Your base will be in the shape of a saw.
5. Now, with the help of a ruler, draw vertical rectangles helping you with the marks you made on top. With a utility knife, cut out these small rectangles, which will help you to see the images well when you finish the zoetrope.
6. Tuck the base in that you cut in the shape of a saw. Help you with your period.
7. Touch to cut a circle on the white cardboard with the help of the compass. And glue the body of the zoetrope on top.
8. Now you must cut out two circles on the corrugated green cardboard that measure the same as the base of the plastic cup that you are going to use. Find the thumbtack. You must nail it in the center of your zoetrope, on the white cardboard, to join it to the plastic cup. Remember that the green cardboard circles that you cut will go on the base of the glass.
9. And finally we will make the strips with the figures that later will charge movement. Cut a strip of white cardboard that is 19 inches long and 5 inches high. On this hard you can make very similar drawings but with a small difference that can later create an effect of movement. A person who moves his legs or this jumping dolphin ... If you are not good at drawing, you will find figures ready to print on the internet.
10. Insert the cardboard strip with your figures in the zoetrope and… that's it! Now you can spin it and enjoy the graceful jumps of the dolphin.