We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When your child has a cold or respiratory infection, the most obvious symptom is mucus. If that excess mucus is not eliminated, the baby is at risk of other diseases such as otitis or bronchiolitis.
But, how to eliminate that excess of mucus in babies if they do not know how to blow their nose? The most effective remedy is to keep the nose clean, in Guiainfantil.com we explain you how to do a baby nasal wash in 2 steps.
1. Clean your baby's nose with sea water
Sea water is a 100% natural solution, very useful for cleaning, hydrating and decongesting your baby's nose. To make it effective with the nasal mucosa, excess salt must be removed. For this, some sea waters are diluted with purified water, thus losing the minerals and trace elements of the sea (calcium, magnesium, potassium ...) and their benefits.
For this reason, it is important to choose seawater that is 100% undiluted seawater, preserving all its properties. How can we apply it?
-Reassure the baby and place him in a lying position on his back, turning his head so that he has it a little on his side.
- We introduce the mouth of the seawater spray through one of the holes and spray for 2 or 3 seconds
- We extract the spray and make sure that the seawater has entered the respiratory tract well to facilitate the expulsion of mucus. We will know that we have done it correctly if part of the sea water drips from the baby's nose or if it comes out of the other nostril.
In this process we should not worry if sea water falls on the baby's face but what we should never do is pour a few drops of water on a cotton ball and wipe the nose with it, it is not effective.
It is about getting the seawater to penetrate well into the nose of our baby and expel the snot, thus we will avoid that reach the lungs and even the ears.
2. Suction the nose to remove mucus
Once we have finished washing, we have to remove the remains of mucus that may have remained inside with a nasal aspirator. To do it correctly:
- Place a replacement in the central body of the vacuum cleaner.
- Place the suction nozzle in your mouth and the end of the refill right at the entrance of one of the nostrils of your baby.
- Vacuum gently, little by little and regularly, through the suction nozzle.
- Repeat it in the other nostril with the same replacement. Throw away the dirty refill to prevent the risk of later infections.
For the nasal wash with seawater to be effective for our baby and help him breathe better, it is convenient to follow these guidelines:
- We can do several nasal washes a dayWhether the baby has a respiratory infection or just to use good nasal hygiene.
- We must know that our baby will try to resist, but it is a necessary routine that will be increasingly accepted by him as days go by.
- For a nasal wash to be effective, it is not useful to take 3 or 4 drops, you have to apply a good jet of seawater to each hole.
- It is also important to wash with the baby lyingIf you are sitting, it is more difficult for us to hold the head well and the baby may make a sudden movement that causes pain during cleaning.
- By last, hygiene during the process is essentiall. It is very important that the refill is thrown away each time it is used. In this way we prevent the risk of subsequent infections.
You can read more articles similar to How to do a nasal wash to the baby in 2 steps, in the category of child hygiene on site.